The Spark

The Student News Site of Belle Plaine High School

The Spark

The Spark

Integrity in the weight room

Leaders gain recognition for positive influence on peers during first quarter of ’23-’24 school year.

Senior Caleb Ouellette received acknowledgement for his leadership abilities and his drive to always improve himself. Coach Fox stated, “Caleb has demonstrated how to be a Dragon with respect and integrity in the weight room and in the traditional classroom. He has zero unexcused absences for the first 9 weeks. Caleb brings positive energy every day lifting up all of his peers. With everyone watching or no one watching, Caleb works hard, does what is right and advocates for others. He is a true example of integrity.” Ouellette’s heaviest personal records were reported to be 165 lb. on bench press, 270 lb. back squat and 215 lb. cleans. His best time that was recorded running the 40 yd. dash was 4.67 seconds, and his highest vertical jump was 30.6 inches. Ouellette is involved in many extra-curricular activities including basketball, baseball and percussion for the band. When asked what motivates him, Ouellette stated, “I just want to be the best person that I can be… that puts me in a better position to be a leader and help others be the best that they can be.”